Friday, September 23, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Well, summertime has passed and it is time to get back into some routine, yayyyyyy!  Colby was very excited to be going back to school.  This is his 3rd and last year at his preschool, *sigh.  Brady had no idea what was getting ready to happen when I enrolled him into his first toddler class!  I could not decide for sure but knew that it was best for him since he is such a mama's boy!  So, he is also going for 2 mornings a week while Colby is going every morning.  That means, yes, I have 2 whole mornings a week with no children.....I don't even know what to do with myself!!  It seems so very weird to clean the house or get groceries or even, yes, have an occasional breakfast-with-the-girls without some child whining or fussing or refusing to eat!  So, here are some pics from the first days of school...


Colby's First Day



He was way more excited about the lunchbox than anything else! 
Or, as he calls it, his "snack box" because "I don't take lunch, mom, I take a snack!"







 Moving his name to the "in" side in his classroom


Brady's First Day


Breakfast of champs...nutella and grahm crackers and apple sauce...there may be more on him than in his tummy!!







Being silly for the pictures...




It has been a few weeks now, and Colby has done great in his new class.  Except of course for the long story he told me about getting in trouble and his teacher making him sit outside in the hallway while he cried....ummmmmm, yeah, didn't even happen.  While dropping him off the next morning I asked his teacher about it and Colby says "Mama, Mama, I was just kiddin."  

Brady took a few days to adjust.  He pretty much cried the whole time for a couple of days but now seems happy to go and even reached out for his teacher this morning!!  And, his response to "are you ready to go play at school this morning?" has thankfully changed from "noooooo" to "uh huh!"  

Can't believe how big they are getting.  I love the break during the day but am so ready to see those sweet little faces when I pick them up!  Such blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment