Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Free Find Made Fabulous!

As I was browsing Craigslist one night, I came upon this table under the FREE section...that is right...FREE!!  I couldn't believe that I had lucked up on this and it was literally right down the road from me!  So, the nice people stuck it out by their mailbox and my sweet but reluctant husband picked it up for me.  He wasn't too sure of it when he saw it but I was sure it had great potential!!

This is it before...



I decided to attempt to do something similar to a table I had seen on a fellow blogger's site...http://www.notjustahousewife.net/2011/02/yellow-glazed-table.html
My table wasn't quite as detailed so I knew it wouldn't be exactly the same.  But, it certainly gave me inspiration.  
First step was to prime it...


Then, paint it the bast coat which was a cream color (actually called Almond).


Next came the hard part....the diamonds.  Well, I will be honest.  I struggled with this.  Measuring and multiplying and dividing and all that goes into this part is definitely not my strong point.  So, I called on the ole hubby again!  He was so enthused ;)

We finally decided to just do it a different way which ended up with a different end result but that was okay with me!


The dots are the ones that I would paint.  I chose a light blue color (same as on the vanity I did last).


I then went over them with a dry brush and very little of the almond paint to lighten them up.  After that, I used a dark stain to age it a little.  Then I gave it about 3 coats of polyurethane.  Added a couple new drawer pulls and....


All Done!!  


I wish I had better after pics but unfortunately I forgot to take them at home and then had to try to get them while holding my 1 year old who was kinda fussy at the time...so, the angles are not great.  But, I really loved the way it turned out :)




Yay for the FREE section on Craigslist!!










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!! Yay! Great job! Thanks for letting me know. I will share this on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete