Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Vase's Potential Revealed

About 5 or 6 years ago, I found this vase at either Salvation Army or Goodwill...can't remember for sure.  I didn't use it for a lonnnggg time but kept hanging onto it.  Before we moved, I used it as it was in my bedroom but always had plans to make it a little bit lot better.  

Here it is before...

And, as you can see, I didn't pay very much for it :)...

So, I got to work with a little painter's tape and some pretty spray paint.  It took me a little while to figure out a design that would work well.  Once I had it taped, I took it outside and sprayed it, giving it three thin, even coats and letting it dry well between each. 

And, here is the after...

I did go back with a plastic pot scraper and clean up a few of the lines and then sprayed it with a sealer.  I was very happy with the way it turned out!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment