Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Not Just a Candlestick Anymore!

First of all, I want to give props to the blog that I got this great idea from!  As soon as I saw it @Thrifty Decor Chick, I knew I wanted to make one.  To see hers... http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2011/07/candlestick-turned-table.html  The only problem was finding the perfect candlestick.  I looked at a few goodwill's and such, but had no luck.  I had a large one in the past that my mom had handed down and then I had given to my mom-in-law since it no longer matched my decor.  Thankfully, she said she didn't really need it and gave it back so I could use it for my project!!  (Thanks again for that :)  So, here it was before...



It is cute, but I was ready to jazz it up some!

So I primed it...

Then sprayed it with a pretty blue color and let it dry.  I really liked @Thirty Decor Chicks simple white but I wanted to add color to my walls.  To tone it down a little, I then used the wipe on/wipe off method with some white paint...




Oops...who is that precious red head?  That would be my youngest, Brady.  He loves to be "involved" in all of mom's DIY projects :)

So, here is the finished product.  I chose to use a plastic plate that I had already and loved but had never found the right place to use it.  I think it worked out great!!

 

It is so much fun to find great advice and inspiration and make it your own!!!  I can't wait to find the perfect place for my new and improved candlestick table!!





No comments:

Post a Comment